Avari Beauty is built on the premise of combining holistic and natural beauty philosophies with results-driven products. This is why founder, Kari Tribble, created Avari Beauty’s gorgeous rose quartz facial wands for her clients to benefit at home.
Crystal facial tools have been used for millennia, from Chinese Gua Sha stones that are purported to increase circulation, to jade facial rollers that help the lymphatic system — social media is full of people embracing holistic beauty techniques. If you want to incorporate crystal facial wands into your daily skin ritual, keep reading to find out everything you need to know.
How Do Crystal Facial Wands Work?
In general, crystal facial wands are used to facilitate a DIY lymphatic drainage massage. The lymphatic system helps our body to drain fluids, filter out toxins, regenerate tissues, and maintain a healthy immune system. Regular massage is said to help keep the lymphatic and circulatory system moving effectively and, as a result, revitalize the complexion by increasing blood circulation. Regular facial massage is also believed to help stimulate oxygen flow to the skin, and in turn, help release toxins and calm inflammation to make the skin appear brighter and more awake.
Crystal facial wands are not only a beautiful addition to your beauty arsenal, but they’re also safe and highly effective — especially if used regularly. You should try to incorporate a facial massage into either your morning or evening skincare routine for optimal results.
What are the Benefits of Rose Quartz?
Rose quartz is a beautiful and calming stone that is linked to the heart chakra. Also known as the ‘Venus Crystal,’ Rose Quartz encourages all kinds of love, from self-love and love for family to amorous love. “I chose to create my crystal facial wands with Rose Quartz because it is the energy of universal love,” explains Avari Beauty’s resident skin guru and founder Kari Tribble, “Rose quartz purifies and opens the heart at all levels to promote love, self-love, friendship, deep inner healing and feelings of peace.”
On the molecular level, rose quartz has a hexagonal crystal system, and its gorgeous pink hue is created by trace amounts of minerals, including titanium, iron, and magnesium. Because of its unique structure, rose quartz retains heat and cold more efficiently than other crystals, including jade. It’s also more durable than gemstones such as amethyst and turquoise.
How Do You Use A Crystal Facial Wand?
Whether you’re preparing for a big event, a hot date, or a relaxing weekend at home, a gentle crystal wand massage can help to increase blood flow and give your skin a luminous glow. In general, crystal facial wands are used to activate specific pressure points in your face and improve your circulation and lymphatic system. There are no hard and fast rules on how you should use your crystal facial wand; however, there are some tips you can follow to get the best results.
For an indulging and rejuvenating facial massage, complete the following steps:
- Apply a few drops of your favorite antioxidant serum to cleansed skin. Gently massage the serum into your skin to create a hydrated surface for your crystal wand to massage.
- Breathe deeply and release any tension that you might have.
- Gently place the ends of your crystal wands just above your eyebrows and with light pressure, move each wand out toward your temples. Whether you choose the larger or the smaller end of the wand is up to you — simply choose whatever feels most comfortable and natural.
- Repeat this movement in a gentle, parallel motion, returning the wands to the middle of your eyebrow each time. This will help to release pent up tension.
- Gently place the ends of the wands at the inner corner of each eye, slightly under your tear duct. Using light pressure, slowly move each wand out toward your temples. As a guide, use the contour of your eyes. This will help to remove under eye puffiness.
- Next, work your way down your face by placing the end of the wands on either side of the bridge of the nose and gliding them across your cheeks level with your ears.
- Continue to work down your face, by repeating the same action, but starting at either side of your nostrils, and then the corner of your lips and the midpoint of your chin. Continue to move the wands outwards in a sweeping motion towards the sides of your face.
- Repeat these steps as many times as you’d like, until your serum is fully absorbed, or you feel relaxed.
You can also customize your massage to suit your needs; for instance, if you find that puffy eyes are your main concern, consider putting your rose quartz wands in the refrigerator before you use them. This will give your wand a cooling effect and help minimize puffiness even more.
Once you’re comfortable with your facial routine and have found what works for you, you can also use your crystal wand to release pressure points on your neck and shoulders.
How Do I Clean My Crystal Facial Wand?
It’s important to wipe down your crystal facial wand with a clean cloth and warm soapy water after each use. If you’d like a more spiritual cleanse, wash your crystal wand in saltwater, or leave it in a bowl of dry salt overnight. Salt is purported to draw out any negative energies that your crystal wand has absorbed, so you avoid transferring it back into your skin during your next massage.
If you’re looking to incorporate facial massage into your skincare regime, Avari Beauty’s rose quartz facial wands are the perfect way to do so while also harnessing the healing power of crystals. Elevate your skincare routine to a meditative ritual, by combining clear skin intentions with the energy of rose quartz — to promote beauty on the inside and the outside.