Forget about eyebrow pencils and gels, microblading is a revolutionary way to achieve Insta-ready brows. When you have tried every eyebrow pencil, gel, powder, pigment, and stencil, but still have sparse brows, microblading works like a blessing. It is a semi-permanent technique to fix thin brow issues and accentuate your facial features. Microblading has gained immense popularity in the last few years and now everyone is aware of this once under-the-radar service. It is a long-lasting and natural-looking technique to enhance your eyebrows.
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a form of permanent makeup/eyebrow tattoo that lasts anywhere from 1-3 years depending on a person's skin and lifestyle. The process of microblading creates natural, beautiful eyebrows with a handheld microblade. It’s perfect for people who have over plucked or for those who want to define, darken or reshape their eyebrows.
Using a handheld microblade or certain technique with a machine will produce a very fine line that resembles real hair. Each individual hair stroke is hand-drawn by the artist and blended in with the client’s existing eyebrow hair. With a strong artist at the helm, the results are gorgeous and very life-like.
Microblade + Shade is a technique that uses a handheld microblade, and sometimes a machine, to create hair-like strokes and a filled-in look to the middle of the eyebrow throughout the ends. This creates depth and is a great option for people with very thin brows or who like a denser-looking eyebrow.
Is Microblading a Tattooing Technique?
Microblading is a form of tattoo creativity where pigments are embedded in the skin manually with a handheld tool instead of a machine. Even though it is not as chasmic as the regular tattoo, it is still a tattoo because the pigment is implanted under the skin.
Microblading is a two-step/two-appointment process. In the first appointment, the client is profiled and the eyebrows are drawn on with a brow pencil, so the look and design are approved before the process begins.
Once approved, the microblade process begins and the client is ready to go back into the world. There will be mild scabbing and aftercare required, but your microblading should be completely healed in about 4-6 weeks. The second appointment is a touch up 4-6 weeks after the first session.
This allows enough time for the ink in the epidermis to naturally slough off, and the color to settle into your skin. In the touch-up appointment, it's possible to see how your skin has received the ink and make any necessary corrections. Sometimes a client’s skin undertones may have unexpected effects on the ink's color, and there may need to be an adjustment to the color used.
These kinds of corrections are normal with any microblading artist and an essential part of the process, as everyone’s skin is different and receives ink differently.
Here are the benefits of Microblading:
- You will get well-defined and beautiful brows from the moment you wake up in the morning. You won’t need to fill in your eyebrows every morning before you step out of your house, which speeds up the morning routine- perfect for working women and busy moms!
- These brows are sweatproof and waterproof. You don’t need to worry about eyebrow pencils and powders melting off your brows due to the heat.
- As microbladed eyebrows are professionally designed and perfectly shaped,” they’ll enhance your looks. The pigments used to draw eyebrows also looks natural, so most people won’t get to know that you’ve had done on your eyebrows.
- Avoid getting your brows wet for up to 24 hours.
- Do not wear makeup for at least a week because the pigments are still settling into the shallow cuts in your skin created by the blading.
- Don’t pick at tug, scabs, or itch the bladed area.
- Avoid excessive sweating, saunas, and swimming, until the area is completely healed.
- Keep your hair away from your brow line.
- Apply medicated creams or healing balm given by your technician as directed.
Microblading is an investment
The microblading treatment is an investment in itself but can last up to 3 years if done from a good place.
I hope this guide will be helpful for you. To read more about this permanent makeup treatment visit www.avaribeauty.com.